Link Love.

I remain frustrated at how easily painted furniture chips and scratches, no matter what top coating I put on it. If I put something in my booth to sell, I want it to be of the highest quality possible. I’m intrigued by this Benjamin Moore paint — Cabinet Coat. If it’s tough enough for cabinets, I’m sure it’s tough enough for furniture. Of course, you have to trade the rustic, chalk-painted look for sturdiness, and I wonder if it would sell. Hmmm.

I just pinned this bathroom makeover because, basically, that is my master bath, with a few variations. The cabinet set up and the tub are EXACTLY like mine and they scream builder’s grade circa 1990. Painting it is on my list but I also like how dramatic she went with the cabinets and those curtains she hung are kind of genius. Definitely lent some personality where there was none before.

Do you follow Adored Vintage on Instagram? Oh, man. The clothes she finds. I can’t even imagine finding one of these dresses, much less the dozens she finds on a weekly basis. Sometimes I dream about hiding outside people’s houses and following them on their shopping trips. But that would be wrong. And creepy. I would love to have these framed and grouped on a wall.

I am not a mid-century gal but this house tour is doing its damnedest to change that. I need some lace curtains in my life. And floor-to-ceiling shelves. And every paint color they chose is exquisite.

This has got to be one of my all-time favorite DIY ideas. By purchasing a cool shower curtain, you can fill up an entire wall with art that has a huge impact. I am TOTALLY doing this as soon as I have a spare $70 to spend on one of the cool shower curtains at Society 6. If I’m ever able to decide between the hundreds of options.

June 26, 2015 - 12:09 pm

Laura Carder I would TOTALLY do the rusted VW van front. That Iguana Abstract would scare the socks off of me though!
Glad to see you posting again!

June 26, 2015 - 4:08 pm

Pam @ House of Hawthornes OK, I am in love with that shower curtain art now! And I have the sudden urge to paint my bathroom cabinets. My problem is that my husband doesn’t think there is anything wrong with my master bathroom. He’s perfectly happy with it. CARPET ON THE FLOOR and all!!! Ugh. I may have to trip on the carpet with a can of paint in my hand and accidentally spill it on the cabinets (and carpet). Thanks for the inspiration 🙂

July 7, 2015 - 4:50 pm

Shannon LOVE the shower curtain idea. My favorite from Society 6 – “Thug Life”…come on those babies need some hood in them since they don’t live in Chicago anymore! 🙂

July 11, 2015 - 10:35 pm

Lara Jo I love that one too, Shannon!

July 11, 2015 - 10:39 pm

Lara Jo Pam, you have a devious mind and I LOVE IT. I am lucky that my husband kind of shrugs his shoulders and let’s me do what I want. He is the best of both worlds — has no real opinions about house decorating but is sweet and appreciative when I do a big project like paint. BUT HE HAS PLENTY OF OTHER FLAWS (just in case he’s reading this). Let me know if you end up doing the shower curtain thing — dying to know if it’s as easy as they make it sound!

July 11, 2015 - 10:39 pm

Lara Jo HEY, LAURA! I’m trying to get back into the habit of posting…still a little sporadic but getting there. Hope all is well with you and yours! Thanks for stopping by.