I’m cuckoo over my latest projects.

Remember how I told you I had plans for this?

I found two of these the weekend I was in Little Rock over a month ago. Astonishing. One was $5, one was $2. My initial plan was to take out the center panel and frame a quote about time there. But then I started thinking — there’s really no reason I can’t turn it into a working clock again. I mean, I can’t make it a cuckoo clock, but I can certainly buy some clock works and it will at least tell time.

OMG I love it SO SO SO SO SO MUCH.

I made the mistake of hanging it here to take a photo of it.

And now I must keep it. It was meant for the booth, and I could go through the charade of marking it up really high ($4250.00, maybe?) and then taking it home in a month, but why bother. I want to keep it. I will be selling this one, though.

And that’s really tough for me, because that one would look adorable in the babies’ room.

Can you believe I found both of those in the same weekend? And now I’ll probably never find another one. I already looked on eBay really quickly but once you add in shipping, it doesn’t make sense to buy from there. I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed that I come across some others in the future, because they were so fun to do.

May 4, 2013 - 9:03 am

Kate Love those! I saw a cuckoo clock a couple of years ago at a Salvation Army in the ‘fancy’ glass case, I didn’t buy it, it was a lesson for me, not to pass on something that I really love! I ended up buying this http://www.etsy.com/listing/34666682/wall-hanging-clock-cuckoo-clock-aqua it’s cute but…well I’m still on the look out! Love how you painted them!

May 4, 2013 - 1:13 pm

Heidi@TheMerryMagpieVintage I went to an estate sale last week where everything was 75% off and there was a cuckoo clock that would have been $10. It was only as I was driving away that I started kicking myself for not buying it, and now this post confirms it! LOVE that white clock. It looks fantastic!

May 4, 2013 - 1:35 pm

Shara Love! That blue one looks extra sweet to me, but I think it’s only because it POPS on that white wall. The white one is wonderful too. I love you little photo bomber that pops up too!

This weather needs to change Pronto or we aren’t ever going to find junk!

May 7, 2013 - 10:13 am

Tina-Marie Hamilton Lara Jo,
The white cuckoo clock has been “stuck” in my head since I posted. May I ask you a coupld questions about it? What color paint and type of paint did you use? Where can I get the clock for it? I LOVE it!
Also, I meant to tell you that I LOVE what you did with the two side tables that are on wheels. Cute!

May 9, 2013 - 11:11 pm

Lara Jo I KNOW!! It had better be sunny this weekend!!

May 9, 2013 - 11:11 pm

Lara Jo Thank you, Heidi! My husband always says: if you found it once, you’ll find it again…hope that’s true for you!

May 9, 2013 - 11:13 pm

Lara Jo I love that, Kate! I don’t know when I developed this love for all things cuckoo…there’s just something so charming about them. Hope you find one soon!