Merry Christmas, Y’all!

Presents are wrapped, bags are packed, car is loaded. I am heading off to the warmer climes of Arkansas.

xmas presents 1Can I just say that I am deeply, madly, and completely in love with The Container Store Christmas wrap and ribbons? But let me just say, I would NEVER pay full price for it. I can’t believe how much they get away with charging. Even 50% off after Christmas makes me gulp a little.

xmas presents 2My mom and I hit their sale on December 26th last year, at the store in Little Rock. I thought it would be a madhouse, but we were the first people to walk through the door and even after that, it was a very muted, low-key crowd. I know it would have been a different story had we been in Chicago. We had our pick of the supplies and DUDE did I have to police myself. I had to edit the basket about fifteen times before we made it to check-out. And though I tried to use a lot of it up this year, I still have a ridiculous amount of Christmas wrapping paper. So I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY shouldn’t be shopping for wrapping paper on the 26th. REALLY.

I’ll be posting photos of the booth soon! Yay! In the meantime, hope everyone has a lovely holiday and New Year.

December 20, 2009 - 12:13 am

JunkHunk Christmas isn’t for “shouldn’t”s.

December 21, 2009 - 6:48 pm

janie hightower I totally agree that Container has the best gift-wrap — thanks for making me go there with you last year! I like the last three posts from you… THANKS for making my mouth water for all the great things you find.

December 21, 2009 - 8:35 pm

Leilani My mom & I have a tradition of buying Christmas decorations/wrap etc the day after Christmas but then I still end up buying more as I don’t live in the same city (boo, need to bring some back with me this time around).

When I stepped off the plane today in Arkanas I was bedazzled by the amount of SUN– guess it’s been a while in Chicago! I also ran around without a coat on due to the tropical 57 degrees!

December 21, 2009 - 8:53 pm

Lara Jo I KNOW!! This weather is AWESOME! Although I think it’s supposed to all start going downhill on Thursday…hope you have a wonderful visit!

December 21, 2009 - 8:53 pm

Lara Jo I had sworn off shopping for gift wrap this year but Michelle has already convinced me to return to the trenches of the Container Store. ROUND TWO!

December 25, 2009 - 3:33 pm

Leilani Hey there, Jade & I went shopping at All My Treasures earlier this week (Tuesday) for holiday gifts but I didn’t know which booth was yours… could you describe what kind of items/what part of the store it’s in? It would be funny if I bought something out of your booth!! Also, how about this snow??? It must have followed us from Chicago.

December 25, 2009 - 9:47 pm

Lara Jo Hey! We’re number 117, in the back room. If you go to the right when you come in the door and walk back towards the back of the store, we’re the first booth on the left as you go through the door when you’re entering the very back room. It’s kind of a corner booth, with only two walls, and there should be a stack of picnic baskets sitting on an aqua chair against the pole that’s in the booth. Thanks for trying to visit us! Michelle is going to get in there when she gets back to town (we’re in Little Rock with my folks right now) and haul out all the Christmas stuff and re-stock it with non-holiday stuff.

Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and the snow is not causing you too much inconvenience…when I left Fayetteville for LR on Wednesday, it was still in the mid-50s!