Pretty. Quirky. Booth Tags!

I’m busy threading my fancy new Pretty. Quirky. tags in preparation for traveling down to Arkansas to price all of the STUFF that I left in the storage space.

pretty quirky tagsBecause of course I couldn’t just use plain old white tags. I bought aĀ Silhouette cutting machine a few weeks ago just for this project — I’m also planning on using it to make a banner for the booth, because you can use the fonts currently on your computer so it’ll be a cinch to do the logo. I read that it was a little tricky to figure out how to use it and scoffed, thinking I was plenty brainy enough to figure it out…and that’s what I get for being cocky. I was flummoxed. Luckily, I’m married to a tech genius who figured out how to first print the logo and tagline and then cut around that. Yeah, he’s going to have to show me how to do it because I think he’s had his fill of crafting at this point. The string is blue and white baker’s twine and the tags are Bluebell (my favorite color!) cardstock from Paper Source. They work out to be about three cents a piece, which I know is probably way too expensive from a business plan standpoint, but, as I told my Dad, we’re working on our BRAND here, people.

Photos to come of the revamped booth after Christmas! Yay! Can’t wait to get down there and get elbow-deep into the storeroom.

December 14, 2009 - 8:49 am

janie hightower I would buy ANYTHING with a tag as cute as this on it!!!!!

December 14, 2009 - 12:19 pm

Leilani Nice, though these might be a little fancy for an Arkansas flea market. šŸ˜‰ Do you sell any vintage goodies on etsy? When will your booth be up by the way? I’ll try and visit it when I go home (I’ll be in Fayetteville Dec 21st-30th).

December 14, 2009 - 3:53 pm

Michelle I love them!

December 17, 2009 - 6:40 am

JunkHunk I believe the booth revamp is happening a few days before Christmas. [shill]A great resource for last minute holiday gifts![/shill]

December 17, 2009 - 8:31 am

Katherine Those are awesome! Will you make mine???

June 30, 2011 - 5:46 am

Telma Guedes Thank You for share with us Your idea! I was great, beautiful! kisses

August 27, 2012 - 7:17 pm

Tanya These are soooo cute. Were you able to print these and then cut them out on your silhouette? I ordered one and Im waiting on it to come in. Do you have to buy the software to go with it? Im getting excited..thanks for sharing.

June 16, 2015 - 12:52 pm

Jackie Can you tell me how to make these for my business?

June 16, 2015 - 12:52 pm

Jackie Can you help me make these?

June 20, 2015 - 9:33 pm

Lara Jo Hi, Jackie! I used a Silhouette machine — both the print and cut feature. Do you have a Silhouette? If you do, I can get my husband to jot down some notes for you!

September 13, 2015 - 8:26 pm

Janet L. Wilson I want to make my own labels for my honey (I beekeep)…can you post instruction on how to use the Silhouette to make hang tags like yours?

Here is what I use and would like to make similar, scroll to the bottom of the page for an image of jar and label:

Many thanks!
Janet

October 5, 2015 - 3:16 pm

Lara Jo Hey, Janet! Unfortunately, we made the labels years and years ago and neither of us remember exactly how to do it. I have a Silhouette machine, and it has a function that allows you to print first, then cut out what you’ve printed — and that’s the function we used to make these tags. To be perfectly honest with you, it was pretty complicated — so much so that I haven’t made any since that post. Sorry I can’t be more specific. Thanks so much for reading!

February 3, 2015 - 6:01 am

Fun Business Cards You Can Make Yourself – Reasons To Skip The Housework […] QR Code CardsĀ // Fabric CardsĀ // Confetti CardsĀ // Vintage Slide CardsĀ // Mason Jar CardsĀ // Tag CardsĀ // Recycled CardsĀ // Envelope Cards // Vintage Photo CardsĀ // Paper Bag CardsĀ // Washi Tape […]